Author Topic: Alumni Directory  (Read 416 times)

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Alumni Directory
« on: June 21, 2014, 12:32:39 PM »
I have fielded a few questions about the old Alumni Directory (from the old site... which I just recently took down).

The old Directory has been archived, but will no longer be in use. In the near future, I will be putting up a new directory page on this site, which will feature new software. The old software, unfortunately, had some bugs and security issues (only affecting new sign ups), which caused the database to be flooded with tens of thousands of junk accounts (mostly from advertising bots).

The new Directory will be better, and better functioning overall. Because of the issues I mentioned above, as well as formatting differences between the two software packages, I will not be transferring over the old information into the new (which will be better, since a lot of the info is way, way old now). All of the old database users will need to add a new profile

Keep your eyes here for info on when this will be up and functioning. One of the purposes of this website is to allow Alumni to keep in touch with one another. The Database is one of those tools that allows this to happen.